Hakka Noodles recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time:15-20 mins
Serves: 4 people
hakka noodles-1 packet
maggi magic cubes (optional)-1 cube
spring onions, chopped-1 cup
celery, chopped-1/2 cup
green chillies, finely chopped-1 tbsp
garlic, grated-1 tbsp
dark soy sauce-1 tbsp
black or white pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
cabbage, chopped lengthwise-1/2 cup
carrot, chopped lengthwise-1/2 cup
french beans, chopped lengthwise-1/2 cup
capsicum(bell peppers), chopped lengthwise-1/2 cup
babycorn(optional), thin slices-1/2 cup
1. First heat 4 cups of water in a pan, when the water starts bubbling, add few drops of oil and salt in the water. Then add hakka noodles and stir it properly. Boil the noodles on medium to high flame. Check by holding one noodle and if it breaks, then noodles are boiled. Remove the noodles in a strain and by applying some oil in your palm mix the noodles properly and keep them aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok (kadai or pan). Put the gas on medium to high flame .
3. When the oil is heated, add the maggi magic cube, garlic and chillies. Saute these masalas for 1 minute.
4.Then add cabbage, carrot, french beans and capsicum and saute on high flame for one minute stirring continuously.
5.Then add boiled noodles, soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar and mix all the ingredients properly, stirring continuously for one minute on high flame .
6. Lastly add spring onions and celery and serve hot.
1.For boiling the noodles, always add raw noodles when the water starts bubbling. After the noodles get boiled, mix them with oily hands so that the noodles don’t stick.
2. If the noodles get overcooked, then immediately put them in cold water , strain it and spread it on a dry cloth and put it below a fan for half an hour.
3.Chinese cooking is always done on high flame because we don’t have to cook the ingredients too much.
4. Saute the vegetables for only 1 min because in chinese cooking we need to keep roughage and have some fibrous food. When you add boiled noodles and cook it and then switch off the gas , the vegetables will get cooked in the steam itself. Believe me, it will taste same as restaurant noodles if you don’t cook the noodles too much.
5.The maggi magic cube which i have mentioned, is the masala cube which we get in supermarkets. It is also available in other brands such as knorr and adding this cube is completely optional.
6.It is recommended that we use dark soy sauce for cooking and light soy sauce as a dressing. Similarly, we use brown vinegar for cooking chinese dishes and white vinegar only as a dressing.