Vegetable Corn Soup Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
water or vegetable stock-4 cups
sugar- 3 tsp
white pepper powder-1/2 tsp
green chillies, finely chopped-1 tsp
french beans, carrot, cabbage, grated or finely chopped- 1 cup
1. First boil the white corn. To boil the corn, take white corn and cut into 2 pieces. Put the corn pieces in cooker box and put 4 cups of water. Boil the corn for 2 whistles on medium to high flame. After the corn gets boiled, remove the water and grate the corn.
2. We can also directly use the tinned sweet corn in place of the white corn. Just add 4 tbsp of tinned sweet corn in place of grated corn.
3. Take 1 cup of water or vegetable stock and add 3 tbsp of cornflour and mix it properly and keep aside.
4.Heat oil in pan on medium to high flame. Add green chillies and saute it. Now add remaining 3 cups of water or vegetable stock, grated corn, salt, sugar, white pepper powder and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
5. After the mixture starts boiling, slowly add the diluted cornflour till the soup becomes thick and keep on stirring continuously on high flame. Once the soup starts boiling, lower the gas flame on little bit and again boil the soup for 3-4 minutes.
6. At the time of serving, if needed then boil the soup once .Take the soup in a soup bowl and add 1 tbsp of chopped vegetables on top and mix them properly. The vegetables will get cooked in the steam itself and will also give crunchy taste to the vegetables.
1. I have tried this soup with the same method and if done with this method it will taste as outside corn soup.
2.Chinese cooking is always on high flame and by stirring the ingredients continuously because you don’t have to cook the ingredients too much in chinese cooking as it will change the taste of the dish. Cooking on high flame for less time always gives perfect chinese taste.
3. Normally in any chinese dish we have a standard measurement for cornflour, that is for 1 cup of water we take 1 tbsp of cornflour. But for soup , it is recommended as 3tbsp cornflour for 1 cup of water or vegetable stock.
4. The proper method to cook cornflour is that when you add diluted cornflour in any dish, let it boil on medium to high flame stirring continuously. Once it boils, again boil it for 3-4 mins because cornflour gets cooked only after you boil it 2-3 times. this way your dish wont develop a sticky layer on top once it cools down.