Hariyali Paneer recipe
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Paneer(cottage cheese)- 400 gms
Palak leaves(spinach)- 1 cup
curd- 1 tbsp
mint leaves(phudina), finely chopped- 1 tbsp
ginger, grated or paste- 1 tbsp
garlic, grated or paste- 1 tbsp
green chillies, paste- 1 tbsp
jeera powder(cumin)- 1 tsp
lemon juice- 1 tbsp
garam masala- 1 tsp
salt to taste
butter- 1 tbsp
1. Blanch the spinach leaves and grind into a smooth paste.
2. Remove all the water content by hanging the curd in a muslin cloth or straining the curd.
3. Take a bowl, put spinach paste in it. Add curd, mint leaves, ginger, garlic, green chillie paste, jeera powder, garam masala, lemon juice and salt. Mix all the ingredients properly.
4. Cut paneer into triangular or square shape and put it in the above mixture. Mix it very softly. Keep aside for marination for 30-40 mins.
5. After 30-40 mins, take a flat pan, preferably a nonstick pan. Put butter in it and heat it on medium to high flame. Once the butter gets heated, add the paneer pieces and also put the remaining gravy on top of paneer pieces. Cook the pieces on one side fro 1-2 mins stirring once or twice. Then turn the paneer and similarly cook it on the other side.
Serve Hariyali Paneer with tomato chutney and salad.
1. To blanch spinach, first wash the spinach thrice. Then boil water in a pan. When the water starts bubbling, add spinach and let it boil for only 4 mins. Do not put the lid. Then strain the water and immediately put the spinach in cold water for 1 min. This way, spinach will get cooked and the colour wont change.
2. If you feel that the paneer is hard, then keep the paneer in hot water for 30 mins and it will become soft. Then use this paneer for any paneer dishes.
3. Do not put the marination in the fridge but let the paneer marinate at room temperature.
4. Don’t saute the paneer for a long time because cooking paneer for more time makes the paneer hard.