Grilled Sandwich Recipe:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serving size: 1 sandwich
3 bread slices
1 boiled potato
1 boiled beetroot (optional)
4 slices of cucumber (pickles)
finely grated cabbage or lettuce
thinly sliced capsicum (bell peppers)
4 slices of tomato
3-4 slices of onion
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sandwich chutney
salt and pepper to taste
1. Take 3 bread slices and apply butter on each slice. Then apply sandwich chutney on all the 3 slices.
2. Take one of the slice, then put grated cabbage or lettuce and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Put thinly sliced capsicum over cabbage and then put sliced boiled potatoes over it. Sprinkle salt and pepper over boiled potatoes.
3. Then cover the potatoes with another layer of bread with the butter surface facing upwards.
4. Put sliced cucumber and sprinkle salt and pepper. Lay sliced beetroot, sliced onions and sliced tomatoes over the cucumber slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of tomato and cover it with the third layer of bread.
5. Heat a nonstick tawa. When the tawa is heated, put some butter and keep the sandwich over it. Cover the sandwich with a lid or any container and heat it on medium flame for 5 mins. After 5 mins, remove the lid. Apply butter on top layer and flip the sandwich upside down. Again cover with lid and heat it for another 5 mins.
6. After 5 mins, remove the lid and take the sandwich in a serving dish. Allow to sandwich to cool for 2-3 mins and then cut it into square or triangular pieces.
Serve this tasty sandwich with tomato ketchup or chutney.
1. The best way to boil potatoes for sandwich is to take the potatoes and wash them properly. Do not cut them into half. Put them in a pressure cooker and put enough water till the potatoes get covered with water. Then pressure cook it for 2 whistles on high flame and 2 whistles on medium flame.
2. You can also boil beetroot in the same manner. Boiling this way will not make them too soft.
3. We have sprinkle salt and pepper after each vegetable slice so sprinkle little at a time. Sprinkling salt and pepper after each slice gives taste to each vegetable used in sandwich.
4. While putting the sandwich on tawa, keep the flame on medium or else the bread will burn and check once after 3 mins to adjust the flame.
5. You can make cheese grilled sandwich by sprinkling grated cheese after potatoes and then covering it with bread slice.