Masala Pav recipe:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 people
2 bun bread or bread slices
1 tbsp butter
2-3 neem leaves (curry leaves)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 onion, finely chopped,
1 tsp grated garlic
1 capsicum, finely chopped (bell peppers)
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp pavbhaji masala
salt to taste
cilantro (coriander), for garnishing
1. Heat butter in a pan on medium flame. When the butter melts, add neem leaves and cumin seeds and cook for 1 min.
2. Now add grated garlic, onions and saute the onions till they become little brown.
3. When the onions are cooked, add capsicum and cook till capsicum becomes little soft, then add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pavbhaji masala and cook till the tomatoes become soft and they start leaving water.
4. When the butter starts coming up, sprinkle coriander, mix it properly and switch off the gas.
5. At the time of serving, cut the bread into small pieces. Heat the gravy once again and put the bread pieces in the gravy. Mix them properly, garnish with some coriander and little butter and serve immediately.
1. You can prepare this gravy in advance and when the guests come, just heat it once and add the bread pieces.
2. Don’t add the bread pieces from first because it will become too soft and will absorb all the gravy.
3. You can also roast the bread in little butter and then add it to the gravy. This also gives a very good taste.